Friday, October 2, 2015

simple salt

I love having jars of seasonings that is ready to go but the prices int the store is completely insane in my opinion. We have a place locally that I can go and buy bulk herbs and seasonings and build my own special seasonings. So far I have a Tex- Mex salt and Salt and Pepper jars. Mainly because I need to go shopping. My cupboard is running on E.
So here is my Tex-Mex seasoning and Salt and pepper. 

Both start with Salt and pepper. I hand ground my pepper using a motor and pestle. 
It is glorious when you are having a bad day. 
I did equal parts for the salt and pepper jar and set it aside. 
Now the Tex- Mex jar,  I started with the salt and pepper ( I made 2 jars)  and added cumin, fresh dried chili peppers, and cilantro.


I used a spice grinder to have more of an even cut but kept it slightly chunky for texture. 
Mix it together. 
I do not have measurements. Here is my reasoning, everyone and family has different taste. I love heat and spice but I know other people do not so the best thing to do is start with equal parts. If you hate cilantro then reduce it or take it out, if you love spice add more chili. Then add it to the salt pepper blend and test it. Adjust as needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment