Saturday, May 30, 2015

Marble Maze!!!!

So we have a pack we are starting up this fall. I have been on the hunt for inexpensive ideas for our recruitment events that are still fun and captivating. I was reading a book on Stem learning and decided this was the right direction. We spent less than $5 in supplies. 

You will need a small thick chunk of wood
nails
paint
rubber bands 
a marble
We used a scrap piece of wood and not realizing it the wood was bowed which honestly just adds to it. 
The longest I took was measuring out the boarder and marking my squares. 



Then I started painting my squares



The center is all done and drying right now.


Starting my boarders.


Then I painted the trim and back.

I painted a white trim to help break it up a tad.




 I decided I wanted a sealer to help protect the board in the upcoming years. This is not required but will help protect the tracks.



 Each corner needs to be nailed so you can change the tracks as often as you want.




Then add the rubber bands. Feel free to make it as easy or as difficult as you would like. Gill-G quickly attached himself to this game and has us feeling like we should make more for home. Check out the kids blogs about making each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment