Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Bridging part 2

For our Bridging we want to do something special and remarkable each year. We decided on mini piñatas filled with confetti and glitter with the patch on the inside. 
WARNING THIS TAKES A LOT OF TIME!!
Do not try to do this project quickly because it needs time to dry and if you do fringe that is another painstaking process. 

Items needed: 
Card stock
scissors
glue
crepe paper
confetti
glitter
string
hot glue gun 

First you need a templet: Which I found here 
Print the templet out on card stock to save a step other wise you need to transfer your templet to card stock. 

 
 In the small square center which will be the bottom you need cut out a square so you can have a "door" that pulls open. I put the crepe paper but only glue at the exterior edge because I wanted the center to not be crazy strong.
Now for the fringe paper. I cut a ton of paper and then fringe the entire thing so when I glued it on it would look nice. 


Then I made my bottom. You need to use the hot glue or super glue or something so the cord stays attached to the bottom when you pull the "door". Otherwise this will not work and you will have kids staring at the piñata trying to figure out what happened. 

 I glued the paper on in a pattern using the girl scout green and white. I also somehow managed to line it all up too.
 Glue it on all of the sides and set aside to dry. Do not try to use a heat gun to speed the process up this resulted in almost burning my house because apparently this is extremely flammable.




 Now we trim the sides so the fringe is not in the way of glueing the sides down.
 I very carefully snaked the string through the paper on the bottom and closed it up
 Then you get the two sides glued together and let it dry.
 Now is the best part fill with glitter and confetti. We even put our bridge in so it would fall on the girls. At least in theory it would.




 I learned how to make this better for next time and am glad the girls had fun. I am not 100 % sure I want to do it each bridging ceremony big they take so long to make and clean up but the girls loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment