Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pepper Steak


                                                 
There is nothing worse than working hard all day and all the sudden remembering you have 3 hungry kids and a husband to feed. I am not a huge fan of the crock pot but from time to time the thing has saved my butt a few times. After the insanely long weekend I caught a fun head cold which in turn has made me moody and not pleasant, I also do not want to cook. So savory pepper steak it is.


 ½ inch thick strips of beef 
Salt and Pepper
2 cups of pepper and onions 
1 can diced Tomato
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce 
1 tsp Tex- Mex seasoned salt 


                                             Toss in a crock pot and serve with rice. 
                                               I also made green beans. 


As for the budget of this meal the total for 6 people ( I had enough for 2 people) and a lunch set up as well. The meat was $4 and a can of tomato, half a bag of pepper and onion blend and rice brings the total at the most $10. This makes the meal about $1.50 per meal. 







No comments:

Post a Comment