Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tomato slow cooked chicken

I am always taking pictures and I can never remember which picture actually make it up and which ones don't. I started this article and stopped so many times I totally forgot which story I was going to share with it.

My background is Hispanic. I am not a pureblood but my mom is from Panama and I grew up for the most part with her family. I spoke Spanish at home for years and my Mami Abuela made sure I knew how to cook. She also tried to teach me how to crochet and sew which is something I did not master until recently. So my version of comfort food is Spanish or Spanish type food. This is my quick toss it in the pan Spanish style chicken served with rice.


This is also considered low budget because I used 2, (3 if a want a ton) chicken breast and feeds about 6 people. 


2 cloves of garlic
2 chicken breast 
1 large onion 
rice 
can of tomato or 3 medium tomatoes 
oregano 
salt and pepper 
parsley 
1 cup of  Chicken broth

Sautee onion and garlic until translucent with seasoning and salt and pepper. Add chicken until browned. Add tomatoes and broth and simmer until liquid is reduced. Make rice and serve.  




This meal came to about $10 ( I forgot how much the chicken breast is going currently) 
which puts it at about $1.70 per person. :) Happy eatings

No comments:

Post a Comment