Thursday, September 24, 2015

Quick grilled pork

We have recently started shopping at Bj's and I came across a buy one get one free for dressings. We got a caesar and a balsamic but unfortunately I was the only one who liked it on salad but it worked on the pork.

I figured nice hot days require grilling but I can not use my grill unless I want to deal with stupid landlord rules. This is where the cast iron comes into play. I truly love my collection :)


I marinated the pork over night. 


I grilled the pork on my cast iron pan and added pepper.


I tossed the asparagus in oil with salt and pepper. 


As I let the pork rest, I grilled the asparagus. Which makes this dinner perfect for 
really hot summer days. 
I chopped up the asparagus and grilled some onions and made a quick salad. 



The plating was simple I put potatoes on the bottom with a pork on top and a salad to the side. 
Budget planning : I buy the pork in bulk at $12 and I get 6-8 meals. Potatoes cost about 1 to 2 dollars and asparagus during the summer is about $4  and an onion is maybe a dollar. 
this meal for 6 people is about $8 coming to $1.50 each. 


No comments:

Post a Comment