Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Achieving my goals with Justin



Even dirty I look good

I have been struggling with writing this blog post, this is my third attempt at this. I want to motivate people with my story. I have been struggling with my weight since at least my senior year of high school.
Around 210lbs right when I started working out

 At my heaviest I was around 250lbs and at my lightest 140lbs. When I met my wife Stephanie almost 7 years ago I weighed 180lbs, she loves to bake. One of my biggest issues has been my will power and portion control, so over the years I slowly ate myself into a round man. I made it to 230lbs and I felt like crap.
Me at my heaviest, but I do like pie

 Finally Stephanie stopped baking and cut out a lot of the processed and crap food we ate. It took about a year but I dropped to 205lbs. I was proud of myself, but I slipped, it is the story of my life in regards to weight. I turned 30 about 6 months ago and decided it was time to take my health serious. At the end of February I decided I had to find a challenge and do it.
They tried to cook us

 So I signed up for the Finger Lakes Triathlon and the Hardcore Mudd Run. Both of these I was in no shape to even think about trying. Stephanie had found an app called C25K, no they are not paying me, it is designed to take someone from the couch to a 5K in 2 months.
While Kat was still having fun

 It is set up with 8 weeks of workouts and 3 workouts a week. It uses and interval training method, 60 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking, the running increases with each week. When I first started working out I had a hard time making through the 60 second runs.
Being fat with electrical cords hanging down is not a good idea

 That is right I am a grown man wanting to run a triathlon and I cannot handle 60 seconds of running. I worked hard and kept going, I am now able to run 4 miles, you read that right, me Justin Kuczma can run 4 miles. 
That was a big hill

This past weekend it was time for my first challenge, the Hardcore Mudd Run. This was 6.5 miles with 13 obstacles up and down a ski resort, I was not prepared. Even though I run this course was more than I planned. 
This is deceiving, it does not take 5 people to get me up a wall

My friend Kat and I took this challenge and gave it hell. We had a lot of help from other teams and they gave me even more inspiration. One of the teams had a guy we called Spiderman, he was wearing a Spiderman shirt, I am not that creative.
Swinging over a mud pit, check that off the bucket list


 This guy scaled the walls with no problem and made these obstacles look easy. I want to be “Spiderman” next year.
35lbs ago would have made this much harder

 I am working hard for my goals, I have dropped from 210lbs down to 194lbs, and I keep running. I am planning on adding core workouts and weight training too.
There is all the weight I have lost in a bag, that I have to carry up hill

 I plan on posting a blog updating you on my status weekly, what I want is your support. In return I will be there for you, if you have a goal, weight loss or not, I will help you obtain your goal.

 If you want to loss weight and get in shape, come join me. If you are above my level push me, if you are not at the same place as me I can help push you. 
This was on a ski slope, a steep slope

I have another post in the works right now based on overcoming fear and doubt, stay tuned for that. 


I can get over an incline wall



No comments:

Post a Comment