Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Simple Harvest Salad

It is spring oh wonderful spring. When all of the vegetables are coming in and then I realize I am in upstate New York where winter ended a few weeks ago. I have greens and that pretty much sums it up. So what should I do with my beautiful greens? 
 So for my greens I used romaine hearts, baby arugula, and kale.  

I tossed it with pea shoots, sunflower seeds, sun dried tomatoes and blue cheese.

 Now for the dressing. Sorry this is not vegan ( Okay blue cheese was the big hint on that one)
My husband and children like cream based dressing. 

Funky Caesar 
1 6oz. plain greek yogurt
1 lemon juiced
1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
1 clove garlic (grated)
salt and pepper
olive oil or sunflower oil ( as needed)
1 teaspoon anchovy paste

Mix everything but oil until well blended. Then slowly add oil until the desired consistency. 
Oh yea this is a funky twist on Cesar dressing. 
It taste yummy and was great for being so simple. 
I would love to pair this with a game type meat and roasted potatoes for a complete meal served with red wine. 
But this worked great as a simple lunch nothing else. My kids even happily ate it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment