Thursday, June 5, 2014

Lemon Butter poached Cod dinner


Lemon butter poached Cod pieces, Cilantro garlic, ginger Israeli couscous, severed with sautéed green beans. Sounds like a crazy expensive dinner right? Something you only dream about saying it will be your special treat next time. I made this in under 30 mins it would go faster if everything was prepped ahead of time but some days that is asking for way to much to of me. I bought the french green beans frozen and Cod pieces from Trader Joe's ( Cod was $4 and the green beans $3). I try my best to keep my pantry stocked so I have the garlic ginger and couscous on hand and Somedays I have butter on hand too. 


I started out boiling water then starting my lemon butter poached cod pieces:
           1 lemon
1/2 a stick of butter (4 tablespoons)
1 garlic clove minced
Salt and pepper to taste

I would do just the poaching sauce so I can taste it just to make sure it was perfect  then I dumped in the fish including the liquid that was in the bag. 




In a small container add 1/4 cilantro 
2 cloves garlic grated ginger to taste or about 1/4 teaspoon
dump in the couscous mix. Pour in water put a lid on and set aside. 
(I just eyed my couscous but it is 1 1/4 cup water to 1 cup dried couscous)


I just sautéed the green beans with a a little bit of butter, salt and pepper. 
Test your fish and it is done!!
The crazy part that expensive dinner that would have cost you $20 to eat alone is costing you maybe $10 and can feed 4 easily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment