Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pixy Cubes


I keep looking for new games to play with the kids but also want something that is going to help teach. One day I came across Pixy Cubes which is meant for 6+ kids. I decided that I was going to buy it for my kids anyways. 
Yasser loved it and after 20 minutes of explaining her the point of the game she finally got it. The boys are a little trickier. Gill-G understood matching the card part of the game but the time and beating people was difficult. 
So we altered the rules a lot. We gave them longer study time. The best part is classroom use because it is problem solving!! 
I just gave Gill-G cards and the dice and let him think through which ones he needed and put the puzzle together. He loved it. Hulk man like stacking it more than anything but it was nice finding a game that did not cost a small fortune and has a variety of uses for me. Looking forward to our next game.  Check out Pixy Cubes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment