Sunday, May 4, 2014

Our first visit to the public market

Going green and local has been a hard choice. I was always use to "oh I need tomato sauce let me run to the store" so giving that up was hard. Learning how to prep and make everything was easy but mainly because I cooked for a living. My husband and I have made huge expensive decisions like buying a KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer, Empire Red  with KitchenAid KPRA Pasta Roller Attachment for Stand Mixers andKitchenAid KN12AP Stand-Mixer Attachment Pack with Food Grinder, Sausage Stuffer, and Citrus Juicer. Crazy right? but that is not the best part. I can make fresh  pasta and orange juice or even better sausages. I know I am just rambling and maybe starting to make you wonder why am I reading this but there is a point. I am now making this stuff at home. Which leads to our going local!! My husband took me to the public market.
Goats getting pet by my baby.

I did not get a ton of pictures we were doing great and then the foodie in my got excited and the photographer was forgotten. My kids were thrilled and the best part I got what would have cost me $100 in the grocery store if not more for like $50 and it went straight to my farmers.








Over time I will write more on this even get pictures of the fresh produce but for now this will have to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment