Monday, May 12, 2014

Rainbow loom Intro with Yasser

I am not a huge fan of trends. Never been good with following the crowd either but when looking for projects that promote hand eye coordination and was still fun Rainbow loom came out on top.  I started out buying only two to give a try and it was the best decision ever. My sons have a hard time making a complete project but they are 3 and 2. ( Twistz Bands LOOSE Rainbow Loom (Generic Packaging) ,Rainbow Loom Metal Hook Tool Upgrade Kit [PINK] )
                                         
I love knitting and crocheting but I spent the first 10 mins swearing at the loom because it was frustrating but after a youtube video and a quick look in a book we were golden.( Totally Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry: Make Bracelets, Rings, Belts & More with Rainbow Loom(R), Cra-Z-Loom(TM), or FunLoom(TM) ) I then taught my daughter who had no problems picking this up. I should have just handed her the book and it would have saved me from using my pirate language as my daughter likes to say.
Since buying the looms we have gone through a ton of rubber bands and the best place I have found to buy it is Amazon. I will talk a lot about it a lot because I love Amazon. I even bought prime this year because I save on shipping. Everything is just two days away now.   ( 5000 pc Rubber Band Refill Mega Value Pack with Clips (Rainbow Colors - 625 each of Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Pink, Purple, Turquoise, and Orange) - 100% Compatible with all Looms , 600 Latex-Free Rainbow ,Loom Band Refills and 24 Clips
                                         
Back to the rainbow loom. I have been buying bands in bulk and a low price then having the kids sort it all out. Oh yea rainbow loom became a class project. they have to organize it buy color and type. We have glitter ones, neon, glow in the dark, tie dyed, normal, metallic, polk a dot ones, some that are 50 /50. Not only has my daughter sorted them up by the type but she sorted to colors as well. So we are in the need of maybe two more containers or a third because she now wants to collect charms for her creations.  (Stanley 014725 25-Removable Compartment Professional Organizer)

Seeing the joy on my kids face is the best though. We are adding this section because Yasser wants to have her own blog section and I want to do my best to make this a family page. Please keep checking back on her guide to making bracelets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment