Monday, May 5, 2014

Simple Almond Milk

My grumpface  is lactose intolerant. Never knew it made his stomach upset but he informed me of that today for the first time (speech therapy is really paying off). All I knew was if I gave milk or to much milk by product this kid smelled horrible and no amount of washing would do. For a long while I was buying Almond Breeze by the gallon and he loved it. Then people discovered the whole almond milk and off goes a new trend. I have no issues with living better just gets annoying sometimes because then the company jacks the price up. Which led to learning the craft of home made nut milks!!
 You need the following tools:
Amazing Nut-Milk Bag from Elaina Love's Pure Joy Planet
Ninja Master Prep (QB900B)
Bowl and measuring cup
and a way to store it


We got the tools now the ingredients. 
Almonds ( soak for an hour and then rinse)
Flavor ( I used homemade vanilla and even threw in part of a bean)
Sweetener ( I used dates but the favorite is honey here)
Water (3 cups water to every 1 cup almond)

Soaked almonds look slightly swollen

This is the easiest thing in the world. Throw everything in the blender and blend. That is the magic and secret. After you blend it well the color will change a touch and have a "milk" look. then you pour the milk into the nut bag over a bowl or it could get messy. squeeze out the milk as much as possible. and pour into your storage. 
Tomorrow I will be making sweeten condense milk because I made a double batch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment