Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It's a fried kind of night

Its a fried kind of night. Who would not love this fried cod fish and with green bean fries and a few mushrooms ( I cooked less than 10 so I don't think it counts). It was so good that my kids devoured it.   The best part was the batter was not a beer batter. My husband is not a drinker and I find beer gross. I will only drink something if I can not taste it. But this was amazing. 
I coated everything too.

Batter:                                                                                            
1 1/2 cup seasoned flour
1/4 cup cornstarch 
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 1/4 cup water

Mix it all together and you are ready to go!!!
I used my Oster CKSTDFZM70 4-Liter Cool Touch Deep Fryer, Black and Stainless Steel and I have to say if you are feeding lots of starving mouths go big on a fryer! I use to have tiny fry daddy and I will never go back.  
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment