Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

I do not think I have shared this about myself yet (maybe I have I do not remember) but I am an Army brat. My parents met during the Panama invasion in the 80's. Not only that but my Great Grandfather was a WW2 veteran and for a long time he would sit and tell me stories about fighting in the war, where he flew and what it was like. I grew up with t to the point I even was a Navy Sea Cadet. I went through the rank and eventually getting my Petty officer 3 class. I had ranks and upon turning 18 I was planning to join. I actually enlisted in the Army, I would have left for bootcamp in the summer of 2008. Instead I meet my soulmate and had kids instead. So it is easy for me to plan on my troops honoring and helping the local VA. I do my best to teach my kids about the men and women serving in the military and I explain to my kids how hard that life is not just for the soldiers but also for the families left behind.  Todays post is not about me or what I do with my family. It is a memory. We went today to cheer for the men and women who fight or fought for our country and remember those who did not make it home.















These men and women played a big part of our country. I hope you thought of them and their families while you got to enjoy your day because they are truly amazing people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment