Monday, May 5, 2014

Market fresh salsa



I think it is closer to pico de gallo than salsa but in America the two mean almost the same thing.  When we were at the market I bought a huge collection of beautiful tomatoes and jalapeños. We even found red snapper and I knew what was for dinner.  The spanish in me will never go away but because it is May in New York and spring has not made it yet I had to do some minor adjusting in my seasoning but you can not even tell. It was fresh and amazing.

Ingredients:
6 medium tomatoes
1 jalapeños
1/2 an onion
3 tablespoon dried cilantro
juice of 2 lemons
Cumin salt seasoning to taste ( I know whats that right? My own salt blend that I will write about later)



I finely diced everything but you need to be careful with the jalapeños. If you feel more comfortable with rubber gloves by all means use them. My husband could share an interesting story thanks to the oils in jalapeños. I use the seasoned salt to taste. Let it rest because that is when the flavors come out. Enjoy!!















No comments:

Post a Comment