Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Chicken Solvaski


We moved to Maryland 4 years ago for work which was a horrible idea but some good came out of it. We found a prefect little Greek restaurant and it became out go to for eating out all the time. We would order 4 meals because if you bought 3 the 4th was free. Justin would order a gyro and the kids and I would order Solvaski with a falafel meal. Each meal came with the most amazing salad and rice. Out of everything in Maryland I really really miss our little restaurant. They even delivered now I have nothing like that local to me and my delivery man ( which is Justin) complains and his job is moving further from the only greek place we found. So now it is time to take action and learn how to make our own Greek food. I made chicken solvaski for the third time.

So for ingredients:  
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or paprika
  • 1 tablespoon fresh dill
  • 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon pepper



Now mix everything together to create a marinade. Leave the chicken in the marinade for a few hours. 




 I cooked the chicken in the marinade at 350 for about an hour and a half. 







Then I made white rice using chicken stock and added butter and lemon with parsley with sautéed green beans.

I have been working with limited funds so this meal cost me maybe $2.00 per person. We have been buying chicken thighs for $4 and it has about 10- 12 thighs in it. Each person gets one and the bag of green beans was $.99 rice is also nice to keep in the pantry. Save the marinade/ chicken stock for the next meal. (Please keep a close eye on the bottom of the food entries for more budget saving tips and tricks.) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment