Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Cub Scouts :)

I have spent the last few weeks getting ready for our Packs first real recruitment. I was prepared for a huge group of people and ready to entertain children while my husband talked to parents.
Sadly this ended up being a dry run for us. Although we did not get anyone signed up we generated interest, which is just as important. 

We also made new connections. The local paper wants to talk to us about bring back the pack. 

We set up an amazing display of fun. 

The Paper airplane launcher and its' target was a success and will be used a lot more. 

 Our amazing Display of Uniforms before Justin fixed the sash for me. 

Justin was adjusting the marble track. 

Some of the many patches Justin has floating around the house was also brought along for show. 



The major focal point was the derby track. Anyone who was a scout even for a short time period remembers doing the cars. I learned this after a few parents told me some interesting stories about their cars and the cars they made with the kids. 


After awhile I decided to walk around and take a few pictures. Some times I end up getting easily distracted and walking away from things. 


There was even hors drawn carriages. 

I took maybe 20 pictures of just horses before remembering I committed to helping my pack. 

But she quickly became my new BFF. Here is hoping for better results next time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment