Thursday, June 11, 2015

Rice Balls with a simple brown sauce


I love Asian food and I even love doing my own take. I kept hearing about the rice balls deep fried the you dip them in sauce. Well one day I had nothing to cook and Mr. Man and Hulk were completely losing it so I could not get out and shop. I savaged my cabinets and found some staple items, baby Bok Choy, onions and garlic. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best on this one.


First the rice balls. It was not as tasty as I truly wanted and it really needed something. 
You need cooked rice, eggs, panko, and some seasoning. 
I did salt, pepper, and grated garlic with ginger but you could not taste it. 
I mixed the eggs separately to make sure the yolk and whites was mixed really well then added it to the rice. After words I heated my deep fryer and made little rice balls. Cook until golden brown and heated through. 

Now it is time to get saucy. 

I started with a stir fry oil and sautéed my onions and garlic. Then I added about 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, a dash maybe 2 of fish sauce and a tablespoon of chicken base stock. I cooked it then chopped up the small amount of bok choy I found in the fridge. 

Place the rice balls in the bowl the pour a small amount of sauce over it. The sauce was amazing but I feel like we really needed more flavor in the rice. Maybe sometime soon we will be posting an update.  But these were still delicious and worth the share. 







No comments:

Post a Comment