Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Daisy Bridging Ceremony: Part 1

My co leader and I wanted to do something amazing and extraordinary for the girls. We went through a lot as a group and we wanted to make them feel amazing and ready for the next adventure.

For several weeks we practiced a few different songs (Great Big Moose, Little Bunny Fufu, and Go Bananas) and the meeting before our ceremony we did a run through. Lesson learned plan on more than 30 minutes with 6 highly energetic girls for a run through.

As for projects for the event: 3 piƱatas, 6 fairy wands with tacks at the end, 6 balloons filled with confetti, cupcakes, brownies, special markers for the girls cupcakes, letters to each girl, certifies, tape game, bubbles, bubble wands, candy flower bouquets and cookies.

This takes much longer than a single day please plan accordingly otherwise you will be extremely tired but it was worth it.

My Girl Scout post will be in 3 parts this being the 1st in the series and ending with our finally meeting with Powder puff Derby. 

Now to begin I am going to start with my simple projects:)
FAIRY WANDS!!!!
We wanted all the girls to pop a balloon and end the ceremony with a big bang, this was it and they will be Brownies next year, except one will be joining our Junior troop.  
I started with $.29 wooden dowels and painted them rainbow themed. I even dipped the tip in gold paint. 

Then we took about 7 different colored ribbons and cut them in long strips. 
I tied a knot in the middle to keep it all together. 

 I cut 2 inch strips of the thicker ribbon because it was going cover up the know and give a finished look to it. 
I glued it to the top of the wooden stick. 


 I then glued a tack to the top so the girls could pop their balloons. After the balloons have been popped the tacks can be easily removed giving the girls a cool new fairy wand. 

This proved to be a fun and exciting moment for everyone involved. 
Another quick thing I did was write a little note to each girl. 
I found a cute Ribbon and flower that I glued to each of the envelopes and wrote their names in cursive. 


I found these amazing cards for $.50 at Michaels and was beyond thrilled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment